E-Commerce employment is increasing as more organizations are discovering the different possible uses of the internet. There is an increasing need for integration of customer-facing applications with company operation systems, applications and databases. The shortage of capable persons with the necessary skill sets together with problems in integration, time and cost have resulted in much outsourcing to help in designing, developing and implementing solutions. Commonly, the most in-demand fields are in application development, web page design and creation and security design and implementation, however, aside from these three there are other job designations some so new you might see them here first.
1. Entrepreneurial Consultants plays an important role as a technological expert giving advice or imparting your knowledge in the e-commerce industry. You analyze the clients overall business and help them revive if there company is struggling. To do this job you must have a Master’s in Business Administration or equivalent, or extensive work experience in a management or consulting firm. This is one of the biggest earning E-Commerce employments and can earn up to $250,000 a year.
2. Application Developers design and develop new software which is useful for online businesses. They usually have a background in computer science or engineering but no formal training is really necessary as long as you have the creativity and genius. With this job you could earn up to $150,000 a year.
3. Logistics Specialists are tasked with the delivery of products to customers. To have this job you mush have extensive knowledge of the transport services all over the country, and ideally have a good background and many contacts and good relations in the transport sector. Work experience in trucking or transport companies is an advantage. Logistics Specialists earn from $60,000 to $100,000 annually.
4. Consumer Behavior Analysts analyzes what and why people buy the things they do. They measure the success of e-commerce products, and with the results of this analysis they give it to companies so that they can mane new products or modify existing products to the consumers liking. Consumer Behavior Analysts usually have a background in psychology, human resources, statistics, writers and other journalism jobs. Annual salary could be as much as $100,000 a year.
5. Brokers find new opportunities for business and can also be a recruiter depending on your agreements or contracts. As a recruiter you get part of the workers salary as commission for an agreed period of time. Brokers usually have a background in banking, recruiter or sales. They can earn from $200,000 to $2 million a year.
6. Network Security Specialists makes sure the organizations computer systems are free from computer viruses and other malware, and are not “hacked” by computer intruders. Usually have a background in computer science or engineering but can also be learned thru extensive work experience with fixing computers, such as computer technicians. Network Security Specialists can earn as much as $100,000 a year.
7. E-commerce Business Analysts manages the organizations accounts, keeps financial records, and usually has a background in accounting, auditing, and management or as a stock broker. E-commerce Business Analysts can earn as much as $60,000 to $100,000.
8. Website Architects or Creators are in charge of the overall design and creation of the website. They update the website or make modifications in design as needed. They create the different pages of the site and conceive the purpose for each page. Usually have background in webpage design and computer science. Most important there is creativity and abstract thinking. Website Architects or Creators can earn up to $100,000 a year.
9. Product Manager manages the support services for the products and constantly monitors the internet for new developments and how these new developments can be incorporated into the product or website. Usually has a background in advertising, managerial experience in radio, television and publications. Product Manager annual income starts from $60,000 a year.
10. Webmaster/Programmers maintain and update the website daily. They usually have a degree in Computer Science. Must have knowledge of various computer languages like SQL, Java, Flash and network operating systems like Unix and Windows NT. Must be well versed in networking. With this job you can earn as much as $50,000 a year.
If you want to join the professionals working in this field you have to be sure that you have all the skills employers are looking for so always mention your private experience and knowledge of the internet. Post your resume online and be sure to use relevant keywords.
You can find more E-Commerce job listings by visiting ECommerceCrossing.com and sign up for a risk free trial today to find jobs that are just right for you!