Temp Marketing Manager','GEN000001JY','TT01','!*!Job Summary:
The purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive marketing support for all ComSoc conferences and events, with special emphasis on its flagship conferences (GLOBECOM, ICC, MILCOM, and OFC).
The incumbent will also create and develop the marketing strategy for ComSoc’s conferences and events and will then implement this strategy through the development of marketing communications and collateral across all media (in conjunction with other team members).
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and has no direct reports. The role acts under minimal supervision and makes recommendations to resolve some complex issues.
· Develop overall conference marketing and campaign strategy for given events
· Create, implement and manage marketing conferences communication activities that drive revenue growth and increase overall marketplace visibility
· Collaborate/communicate with appropriate conference organizing committee members and internal project managers to establish and implement individual conference marketing plans by defining event marketing objectives, requirements, scope, timing and budgets
· Develop conference marketing campaigns, as well as identify target audiences, select and secure appropriate marketing mediums to effectively communicate intended information, execute and track campaigns measurements and metrics. Coordinate activities with marketing channel manager
· Develop of all relevant messaging and content including, but not limited to, call for papers, promotional flyers and banners, e-mails, print and online advertising, website design and content, social media, advance and final programs, conference apps, brochures, program guides, onsite messaging, signage, and press releases.
','!*!Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing required
· 4 years in Marketing, preferably in a technically advanced organization or company
· Conference and event marketing experience is a plus
Skills & Other Requirements:
· Excellent written and oral skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Strong interpersonal communications and demonstrated collaboration skills
· Strong MS Office skills (Powerpooint, Excel, Word), InDesign or other web design software
· Demonstrated experience in online marketing and social media
· Demonstrated marketing campaign experience
· Able to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· All other duties as assigned
','General Marketing','United States-New York-New York City','','Full-time','Regular','Feb 14, 2018','Temp Marketing Manager
IEEE, an association dedicated to advancing innovation and technological excellence for the benefit of humanity, is the world’s largest technical professional society. It is designed to serve professionals involved in all aspects of the electrical, electronic, and computing fields and related areas of science and technology that underlie modern civilization. IEEE’s roots go back to 1884 when electricity began to become a major influence in society. There was one major established electrical industry, the telegraph, which since the 1840s had come to connect the world with a data communications system faster than the speed of transportation. The telephone and electric power and light industries had just gotten underway.