The Automotive team is looking for a talented, smart, experienced and entrepreneurial Senior Vendor Manager. Our mission is to create a world-class Automotive store where customers will discover, research and buy Earth's Biggest Selection of automotive parts & accessories and develop long-term partnerships with key brands within the automotive industry.
Joining the Amazon automotive team means partnering with a dynamic and creative group who set a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment. The Senior Vendor Manager will be primarily responsible for negotiating direct relationships with key automotive brands, negotiating competitive business terms, driving product and brand selection in the Automotive store and securing participation in promotions and marketing programs. This role is also responsible for managing and developing a high-performing team.
We expect the Senior Vendor Manager to be a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven ability to negotiate complex business terms, develop and manage relationships, drive results and demonstrate competency with business and financial analytics. The Senior Vendor Manager must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail, a high level of flexibility and commitment, and the ability to identify and motivate talent.
The successful Senior Vendor Manager must be able to:
• Manage vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
• Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
• Maximize Amazon's long-term business profitability
• Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
• Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's or Higher Education degree in Business or STEM related fields
• 5 years in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
• 2 years negotiation experience
• Proficient in Excel
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; strong writing and speaking skills
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Experience managing high-performing teams
• Proven analytical skills
• MBA preferred
• e-Commerce experience
• Experience in the retail sector
• Knowledge and/or previous experience within the automotive industry