University of Washington, Bothell
Salary is commensurate with qu
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a “Great College to Work For” for four consecutive years.
UW Medicine Strategic Marketing & Communications is looking for a passionate, skilled web professional to join our growing team as we modernize the online presence of UW Medicine with a user-centric website redesign and infrastructure; migrate to Drupal; and introduce marketing personalization. The Web Personalization and Configuration Specialist
reports to the UW Medicine Web Operations Manager. He or she will play a critical role in maintaining our service-level agreements through the UW Medicine web request queue and in managing configuration for a variety of platforms and online services, including permissions and user access, A/B and multivariate testing, marketing personalization and integration with third-party tools.
With direction from Strategic Marketing & Communications leadership, and in partnership with the Marketing team, the Web Personalization and Configuration Specialist:
Administers and implements personalization strategies and journeys within the Drupal platform across multiple digital assets
monitors, documents and analyzes performance of web experimentations to inform strategic decisions and identify opportunities for impactful content optimization and personalization
manages Drupal platform configurations, user accounts, permission levels and rights management
services user requests and updates content across UW Medicine’s highly-trafficked enterprise web properties
works with the web team to create and enhance features on our websites to improve visitor satisfaction
adheres to web standards and accessibility guidelines and employs tools for building world-class online experiences
communicates with stakeholders on project requirements, activities and status
shares in training new users on a variety of CMS platforms.
This role requires broad knowledge of website and marketing technology and strong analytical skills. S/he must be a collaborative, open communicator skilled at a process-oriented approach to providing a consistent and reliable, user-centric web experience.
Web Personalization / Configuration
• Assist in defining the vision and roadmap to advance UW Medicine’s personalization efforts centered on continuous advancements to our customer segmentation and message orchestration.
• Partner with the content team to design and develop personalization journeys; lead implementation of these personalization strategies within Drupal.
• Work with the marketing team to ensure personalization journeys have an optimized structure, navigation, UX and content.
• Collaborate with front-end and back-end developers, web designers and project managers to ensure the team understands configuration and personalization processes.
• Work closely with content contributors to understand content and campaign needs, and how web and microsites experiences can be built to support those objectives.
• Configure user accounts, permissions, views, and modules within the Drupal platform.
• Create, analyze and act on reports from user and system activity, and understand best practices for CMS configuration management.
• Help document platform requirements for Drupal and other CMS deployments. Work with the project management system and version control software.
Web Operations / Administration
• Achieve a deep understanding of UW Medicine’s enterprise business goals and competitive landscapes to aid in the deployment and operations of strategic websites, services and platforms.
• Collaborate with internal marketing teams to understand business goals and translate them into scalable processes that provide outstanding business value and customer satisfaction.
• Partner with website development and design to develop and support campaign and other website initiatives.
• Fulfill web team intake requests — troubleshooting, fixing, updating and auditing content and assuring data — including monitoring all edit/change requests to ensure that contributor adhere to brand guidelines and accessibility standards.
• Participate in developing and communicating website governance policies and guidelines; work closely with the project managers and development team to streamline processes and procedures.
• Help train content contributors and marketing staff on best practices for website and content optimization, and for user experience.
• Provide strong internal and external client services e.g. quality, responsiveness, supportive, proactivity, attention to detail.
• Participate in on-call rotation — 24/7 monitoring and support of all UW Medicine’s websites and digital assets.
• Support QA Engineering activities, as needed, by participating in User Acceptance Testing for content management system enhancements.
Work smart by setting effective goals, establishing priorities and planning well in order to produce quality work. Execute effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals. Help set project scopes, objectives, resources and timelines. Consolidate information from various sources including feedback from others.
Identify and act upon opportunities to improve and expand web efforts at UW Medicine. Involve and influence others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals. Challenge the status quo, champion change and influence others to change. Use business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgement in the solution of problems or pursuit of opportunities. Maintain flexible viewpoints and positions that can change as additional information becomes available.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 2-3 years’ experience working in digital marketing with a strong understanding of site personalization.
• Prior experience in website administration — defining, planning and enforcing processes to administer content management systems, including configuration, user permissions, and third-party integration.
• Experience operating Drupal or similar content management systems required.
• Knowledge of web development, quality assurance, security and SEO best practices.
• Experience with web experimentation, multivariate testing and/or marketing automation concepts, such as Eloqua, ExactTarget and/or Marketo required.
• Previous experience with A/B testing tools, such as Acquia Lift, Google Experiments, Adobe Target and/or Optimizely.
• Knowledge of or experience working with web, digital advertising and social media analytics software.
• Knowledge of mobile first and responsive content strategies.
• Knowledge of the stages of the user journey and/or lifecycle.
• Advocate for multiple audiences, promoting best practices and a human centered approach.
• Ability to work collaboratively across teams and departments, with minimal supervision.
• Ability to follow processes and juggle competing priorities, while delivering content on tight timelines.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with web analytics and metrics.
• Experience writing PHP preferred.
5-7 years’ experience working with Content Management Systems on large websites as a configuration manager, site administrator, content editor, or similar digital marketing role; bachelor’s degree preferred.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability
, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com
A regional, metropolitan university With more than 5,000 students and 45 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, the University of Washington Bothell is the fastest-growing four-year public university in the state of Washington. For more than 25 years, UW Bothell has fulfilled its mandate to provide access and opportunity to students from North King and Snohomish counties and across the state of Washington. UW Bothell: A national reputation For two years in a row (2014-15), the University of Washington Bothell has been ranked No. 1 in both the state of Washington and the Pacific Northwest, according to Money magazine. In 2015, Money ranked UW Bothell No. 36 in its overall list of best colleges. Read the Money magazine story. Washington Monthly ranked UW Bothell no. 13 in the nation in the “best bang for the buck” category. UW Bothell is gaining a national reputation for its STEM program. Money magazine has listed UW Bothell third on its national list of “25 great, accessible colleges for aspiring scientists and engineers”