Amazon is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to play the BA Lead role for strategic finance-wide initiatives. Finance Operations (FinOps) is a fast-paced group within Amazon managing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Global Corporate Procurement, Finance Operations Accounting functions to name a few. This position will be within the FinOps PMO team and the BA Lead will partner with internal cross-functional teams (within FinOps), external finance teams (Tax, Accounting, FP&A) as well as Finance Technology teams to deliver global strategic projects.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong experience as a Senior Business Analyst (BA) (or) Subject Matter Expert in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable space. The candidate should be able to evaluate As-Is business processes/pain points, identify areas of improvement and make recommendations for a streamlined To-Be process. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon across the globe and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS - Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant experience as a Senior Business Analyst (BA) (or) Subject Matter Expert in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable space.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Computer Science or related field
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Background in finance and/or experience in finance operations (Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable) a definite plus
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience playing the lead role (Lead BA/SME) and supporting successful implementation of complex projects.
- Experience working on process re-engineering projects. Ability to evaluate As-Is business processes/pain points, identify areas of improvement and make recommendations for streamlined To-Be process.
- Excellent documentation skills and experience creating detailed business requirements/user stories /process flows.
- Experience translating business requirements into test scenarios/test cases and performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Ability to define processes/ templates and to ensure all FinOps cross-functional BAs/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) use the standards defined.
- Ability to guide/mentor a team of BAs and SMEs and ensure they produce quality deliverables with the required granularity needed for tech teams to build a solution.
- Serve as a liaison between FinOps BAs/SMEs and external tech partners/cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with controllership team and ensure the control requirements are built into the requirements.
- Work closely with the tech partners, have interim checkpoints to get feedback on the appropriateness of the deliverables and granularity of the requirements.
- Work closely with the cross-functional leads to ensure everyone is aligned on the requirements and understand the dependencies.
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely delivery aligned with the project milestones.
- Proven problem-solving skills and good understanding of project management lifecycle.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.