Are you interested in innovating to deliver a world-class level of service to Amazon's suppliers? Amazon's Vendor Services program improves customer experience on Amazon.com by working directly with vendors to improve value, selection and convenience across their business. Our team will invent and innovate across technology, processes and people to improve vendor engagement and satisfaction, enable scalability and grow the program.
The Vendor Services program is looking for an entrepreneurial, strategic and data-driven leader for its Vendor Support and Operations team. This team is the vendor-facing arm of the program and has ultimate responsibility for delivering a high level of service to our vendors every day, ensuring high operational standards and vendor satisfaction with the program.
The ideal candidate is an influential leader with experience managing an operational team and providing exceptional levels of customer service. They are able to build new processes and teams from bottoms up and then continuously improve the operational efficiency of their organization through excellent prioritization, and communication skills, as well as the ability to navigate ambiguity. Above all, they are an inspirational people manager who is able to effectively design a new organization and hire, develop and lead a large team effectively.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage vendor services for a set of vendors in a product category.
• Manage a team of Vendor Specialists and Vendor Support Managers that deliver these vendor services.
• Build robust operating mechanisms to surface, measure and improve vendor experience under the vendor services program.
• Collaborate with internal partners and other related Amazon teams to provide vendor services.
• Tirelessly advocate for improvements to systems and processes that will benefit associates and/or vendors.
• Build a working culture where accountability, transparency, and collaboration are the norm and where rapid deep dives into root causes of defects causing vendor frustration is a standard operating practice.
• Hire and develop top talent, and build career development roadmap for the team.
• Inspire front line teams to go beyond the standard call of duty to find creative solutions for our vendors' issues; encourage risk-taking and advocacy on behalf of vendors.
• Create closed-loop feedback processes where team members are encouraged to be active participants in identifying opportunities for improvements to vendor experience, workplace conditions, and internal tools.
• Work with our Finance team to develop and manage to annual expense budget.
• Foster a work environment that respects and is responsive to the needs of a diverse staff.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree.
6 years of people management and operations leadership experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS MBA Preferred.
Experience in retail vendor management or enterprise account management in similar industries.
Extensive management responsibilities & proven track record leading a large people organization.
Leadership presence with the ability to inspire and motivate large teams.
Operational experience being accountable for achieving customer focused results.
Experience in delivering strategic direction at both local and network levels.
Attention to detail, data driven and results focused with proven analytical skills.
Proactive in resolution of operational issues.
Experience in escalation management.
Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.