It's an exciting time to be on the Video Shopping Experience team. Our team builds the front end user interface and back end systems to power video commerce and advertising . Our team is building new initiatives that integrate video and commerce on Amazon's retail website, mobile applications, and devices. We are looking for a Sr. UX Designer who is passionate about UX design, understanding user behavior, and solving customer problems and has disruptive ideas for how to conceive, create, and deliver innovative online shopping experiences for millions of customers.
As a user experience designer, you will be responsible for driving design deliverables such as user interface designs, interaction models, and prototypes for new and innovative shopping experiences. You will have comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices, with a critical awareness of implications on user-centered design and functionality. You will be customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams as well as skilled in using data to make decisions and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 2 years experience as a Lead/Senior creative contributor
• 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, web designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• A strong online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) AND solid visual designs (mockups and style guides)
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 6 years equivalent professional experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Ability to prototype in HTML, Axure, or Flash
• Mobile and Tablet design experience across multiple formats
• Passion for digital marketing and metrics
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.