Brooklyn, NY, United States
Ecommerce, Marketing, Retail
Requisition Number: SS-16145
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
About the Team
The Product Analytics team was formed to not only deliver deep web analytics, but also to improve overall site performance and drive incremental business revenue by applying leading web analysis and business insights to enhance the customer experience. The team closely partners with technology, eCommerce leadership, and other teams to deliver new or enhanced capabilities based on these analyses and insights for an industry leading customer experience.
The Product Analytics team is highly visible and produces actionable analysis and recommendations that go directly to brand leads and executives. The environment is fast paced, and executive expectations are high.
The members of the team are aligned to a brand and also work on cross brand analysis efforts. The team reports to the Director of Product Analytics and works closely with other teams in technology, including our A/B testing development team, our web analytics developers, and others to collectively advance WSI's overall on-line and off-line capabilities.
About the Role
As a Manager on the Product Analytics team, you will lead analytics reporting and analysis efforts for a brand as well as leading initiatives across brands that include A/B testing and analytical support for centralized technology partners. The expectation for the team is to go beyond traditional analytics reporting and provide actionable insights and to facilitate change and drive business outcomes. This position is a hands-on leader in that effort.
* Lead team's development of automated site performance reports: KPI dashboards, product feature usage, as well as other reports. The reports should include business context and insights into the data to be delivered to the brand leads and technology partnership.
* Manage a team of analysts to help them effectively prioritize and execute ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests from the brand leadership and technology teams.
* Effectively manage relationships with technology partners to ensure analytics is driving the testing roadmap of new initiatives and is generating the right insights to inform the technology roadmap.
* Establish a relationship with the brand ecommerce lead/VP as a trusted resource and provider of key business data, analytics, business insights, and recommended site changes.
* Manage testing and personalization efforts by working with and influencing eCommerce VPs and technology business partners. Identify direction and build consensus and buy in from key stakeholders.
* Manage the A/B testing analyst to develop and execute A/B tests on the site in conjunction with the brand's site manager and developers.
* Proactively develop reports and analysis beyond traditional site data by leveraging various tools including Adobe Analytics and our Data Warehouse. This work includes audience segmentation for leveraging in our personalization program.
* Ensure proper statistical analysis completed for each A/B test: Statistical significance, confidence intervals, and establishing variance thresholds are a must.
* Manage and lead partnership with our analytics development team for prioritization and tagging strategy of site changes, new site features, and existing areas of the site we want to better understand.
* Actively partner and develop effective relationships with related groups in the brand's eCommerce management, eMarketing, and IT to facilitate and manage efforts across teams to turn insights into practice on the site.
* Spearhead or facilitate new analysis efforts among the team. Help set future direction of product analytics.
* Drive enhancements to our tools and training for the team to improve our capabilities as an analytics organization.
* Provide guidance, coaching, and subject matter expertise to all members of the team.
* Leverage industry forums, conferences, and current or prospective vendor relationships to bring leading industry knowledge and best practices in web analytics and conversion to WSI.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 5+ years working in a Product Analytics function with experience managing junior analysts.
* Experience in an A/B testing related function including campaign implementation and analysis.
* Experienced in utilizing statistical concepts for A/B test analysis: Statistical significance, confidence intervals, and establishing variance thresholds are a must.
* Experience leveraging Python for site behavioral and testing analysis. Particularly NumPy, Pandas, and Matplotlib libraries.
* Relevant experience working with web analytics, personalization and testing tools: Experience with at least one web analytics tool (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, or similar) and one testing tool (Target, Optimizely, or similar) required.
* Experience writing complex SQL queries to a database. CASE WHEN, JOIN, and PARTITION BY all critical functions to understand how to leverage.
* Advanced experience in Excel required.
* Understands behavioral segmentation concepts and can dig into web behavior and test results via Adobe Analytics and clickstream data with minimal guidance.
* Self-starter who can ramp up quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to manage multiple work requests and multiple analysts.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources. Comfortable presenting program strategy and results to senior management.
* Strong problem-solving capabilities and a curious nature.
* High energy and results oriented with a passion for the role. Looking to drive improvements and change.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Math, economics, Data Science or equivalent.
* Retail E-Commerce experience preferred.
About The Company
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
* A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
* A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
* Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
* Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
* Tax-free commuter benefits
* A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
* In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
* Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
* Quarterly sample sales
* A business casual work environment
* A bike share program
* Time off to volunteer
* Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
* Company-sponsored walks and runs
* Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com/