At Amazon Search Experience we invent and simplify the shopping experience-daily. We obsess over customer behavior and data while delivering search innovation on a massive scale. We are building one of the cornerstone experiences of modern eCommerce with the goal of changing the way people shop. It's big, audacious work and it impacts millions of people every day.
Our team is growing and we're looking for a senior/principal designer who leads by doing, has a passion for solving problems at massive scale and brings their best self to work everyday. Together we'll improve, iterate and reimagine the search experience at Amazon and shape the next generation of shopping. We'll work with a wide variety of internal business partners and teams to craft a modern, elegant search experience for one of the largest product catalogs in the world.
What You Bring
You have an anything is possible mindset when faced with seemingly intractable problems. You're proud of your work, your skills and expertise - but you're not cynical, inflexible or only about your portfolio and you want to be part of something great. You love being part of a highly collaborative and high-energy team that isn't afraid to swing for the fences or exceed expectations even on tactical projects.
You have a deep background in digital, geek out over customer experience, tech and commerce and believe that no experience is perfect unless it delights customers in unexpected ways. You have demonstrated business acumen and believe in the power of strategic design to differentiate business and increase customer loyalty. You are a maker who believes the only way to sell your strategic vision is to craft exquisite design artifacts that tell the story of the customer experience.
What you will do
In this role you will be responsible for leading a variety of search initiatives across the entire Amazon ecosystem. This position is a hands-on lead role.
• Collaborate and partner with other search designers and design leadership to evangelize the value and raise the visibility of design across Amazon
• Work with Key Partners, Research, Product Owners and Engineers to understand the customer need and deliver strategic design experiences
• Bring strong, user-centered design skills and business knowledge to translate conceptual ideas into exceptional design solutions at scale
• Partner with design and product to establish design and user experience guidelines across global platforms
• Craft design artifacts like: personas, wireframes, process flows, high-fidelity comps, prototypes and videos to test, evangelize and deliver your ideas
• Minimum 8 years experience designing interactive experiences
• Bachelors degree in design or related field
• Demonstrated experience designing in agile environments
• Demonstrated eCommerce and/or retail design experience
• Mastery of standard interactive design tools and process
• Demonstrated ability to influence and lead projects from concept to delivery and ongoing improvement
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong visual/interaction design skills
• 10 years experience designing interactive experiences
• 3 years of experience as a lead/senior creative contributor
• Demonstrated ability to deliver large scale strategic design initiatives with a bias toward scalable systems and patterns
• Demonstrated knowledge of systems design
• Demonstrated ability to help identify and define a product backlog
• Demonstrated industry thought leadership
• Strong design thinking, human centered design skills