Director, Search & eCommerce
Performics is looking for a Director of Search & eCommerce to join our Spark Foundry Performance Media team.
The Director of Search & eCommerce will have the responsibility for the growth, management, retention and satisfaction of a portfolio of key accounts. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to lead clients strategically and tactically in search and ecommerce marketing. He/she will lead a team in the conception and delivery of innovative, business-building search and ecommerce marketing solutions, including organic and paid optimization, heavy marketing on Amazon, Triad, and other ecommerce channels, while continuing to stay on top of evolving search platforms and advanced analytics. The Director will also provide engagement leadership, develop senior level client relationships, and will be regarded by clients as an expert and trusted advisor.
Proven account management experience in an agency environment is essential. Experience managing campaigns across eCommerce platforms such as Amazon (AMS), Criteo, or Triad is a must.
• Overall control of work-flow and assigned responsibilities within their group. He or she will oversee the progress of all projects and provide assistance, where necessary, to assure timely completion of projects. Additionally, this individual will ensure that projects are produced completely, correctly and efficiently. This person will be responsible for:
Setting strategic principles for client search initiatives, based on objectives
Developing action plans for achieving and measuring search campaign success, including determining key metrics, processes for measurement and optimization
Evaluate and recommend full spectrum of search alliances, including all appropriate engine partners, search platforms, bid and campaign management tools
Working with Strategic Planning, Digital Planning and outside Ad Agencies to ensure search complements all client marketing activity
Keeping clients and agency counterparts informed on latest developments in the Search industry
• This individual will be responsible for growing agency search and ecommerce business through new business wins and organic client growth
• This individual is responsible for keeping up with growing ecommerce platforms and trends, understanding how ecommerce and search work together, and looking holistically to plan for a client’s business and meet goals
• This individual is frequently involved in client and inter-agency education of search, and will be responsible for developing intellectual capital, including best practices, case studies and official agency points-of-view.
• This individual will be responsible for overseeing a team of two Assistant Search Directors at this time. Size of group may expand based on increased billings and campaigns. He or she will stimulate team productivity and growth by:
Establishing and fostering a corporate culture that inspires talent
Allocating assignments to leverage each person’s individual skills, as well as motivating their interests and challenging their minds
Encouraging thorough evaluation of search marketing strategies, finding opportunity for competitive advantage
Developing their careers within Spark, providing ongoing feedback and conducting employee evaluations
• This person will also be responsible for recruiting and retaining top search marketing talent, growing the search team to deliver on client and agency goals
• The Director of Search and eCommerce will serve as clients’ senior point of contact, able to provide effective long term strategic guidance and counsel. This individual will be responsible for:
Mastering, identifying, and communicating trends in search, ecommerce and in client industries
Being familiar with all Performics Search client initiatives and able to introduce other client experiences with similar goals and targets to existing or potential partners
Defining and evaluating client’s competition online, as well as how it relates to their search marketing initiatives
• He or she will also establish appropriate account staffing, scope of services, and fee proposals
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
• 8-10 years of progressive levels of paid search marketing experience with several years in the eCommerce space
In-depth activation and optimization experience with Amazon (AMS) and Criteo platforms required.
Experience in both organic and paid search
Experience in applying search marketing to brand-building & direct response initiatives
Experience with Amazon AAP/Display a plus
• Strong command of search engine research and reporting resources
Knowledge of syndicated research tools such as ComScore, HitBox, AdGooroo, etc.
Deep experience with at least one major bid management tool
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills
• Demonstrated business acumen and a track record of success in the media/marketing services profession
• Solid interpersonal and teamwork abilities
• Ability to lead new business development process, demonstrated ability to win new clients
• Ability to build and strengthen client relationships
• Healthy senior relationships with key industry partners and search engines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.