The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world-class last mile operation on a global scale. Amazon Logistics aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services.
We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated UX Designer with very strong visual design skills and design thinking experience to join our growing user-experience team. You will work collaboratively with designers, web developers, researchers, engineers and product managers - leading projects throughout the planning, design and development lifecycle. In this role, you will develop and iterate designs through hands-on making and work strategically to help develop product visions with multi-disciplinary teams.
The Transportation and Recipient eXperience (TRX) group is a multidisciplinary team at Amazon Operations responsible for the design of many exciting products including Amazon Flex, Amazon Locker, and more. Teams of designers, design technologists, writers, researchers, and producers work collaboratively in our studios to create the next generation of transportation and logistics products for Amazon customers.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 4 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 4 years equivalent professional experience
• A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
• Experience designing for the web and mobile device experiences
• Experience in design thinking methodologies, from research, design, to building tangible outcomes
• Proficiency with a variety of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Fireworks, Visio, and Dreamweaver
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups, prototypes, and style guides
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in service design involving combination of physical and digital spaces
• Experience designing mobile user interfaces
• Ability to communicate complex systems and processes simply
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with product managers to envision new offerings and with developers for implementation of designs
• Fluency in best practices for web-based and mobile information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Motivated by start-up style environment where rapid iteration is encouraged
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation