Amazon Product Compliance is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidate to join our team in Seattle. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon's business, its platform, and relevant technologies. This is an exciting and challenging position that provides Product Compliance support for the Global Supply Chain team.
The position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory guidelines for products being exported to multiple marketplaces. This position will review items within Amazon's catalog and determine which product types are applicable, as well as provide information on regulatory risk using established tools. This requires strong attention to detail and ability to dive deep. We are looking for a talented product compliance specialist who has direct experience with global consumer product regulations to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. This position will be located at our headquarters in Seattle, WA, USA. Up to 10% international travel may be required.
• Ensure regulatory requirements are met for products and support other business partners such as: supply chain, transportation, customer service, and legal.
• Support best-in-class processes and systems and drive continual improvement.
• Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects.
• Enable scalable business solutions which ensure compliance with consumer product regulations.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Knowledge of product compliance processes and the interplay with global supply chains.
• Collaboration, influencing, negotiation, determination and resiliency.
• Formal training/certification or bachelor's degree required with a scientific/technical focus.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
• Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
• Must be able to use Excel, Word, perform basic SQL queries and other common desktop software applications.
• Must be comfortable learning web applications and proprietary software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Specific knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following regulatory environments: consumer product safety regulations and standards: food, drug, cosmetic, toys, electronics; import regulations; private label product development.
• Previous experience in tech, electronics, consumer goods, or other fast-paced, technology driven businesses a strong plus.
• Ability to take direction as well as act independently and autonomously.
• Good problem solving skills: acts decisively, promptly and confidently. Not afraid to contradict others and proactively offer solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Strong initiative and follow-through skills.