Oxford University Press, Inc.
Job Ad Responsibilities
Leveraging social channels to drive awareness, build communities, and deepen relationships throughout the customer life-cycle, this role is responsible for the overall development and implementation of the social media strategy and the direct ownership of centrally managed Academic channels, including the OUP Blog.
In addition to developing the strategy and managing the team responsible for implementing the social media plan for centrally owned Academic channels, the Social Media Marketing Manager collaborates extensively with the direct and content marketing team to fully maximize the benefits of our social presence to drive the content, community, commerce continuum ensuring adherence to divisional strategy, providing best practice guidance.
• Develop the strategic plan for social media marketing for the Academic division core channels including brand voice, platform choice, syndication, amplification, monetization, etc. to increase awareness, develop and grow communities, deliver engagement and drive traffic through both existing and new customers.
• Continually track emerging trends, identifying, implementing and testing new opportunities.
• Undertake in-depth analysis and reporting of relevant KPI’s and benchmarks, ensuring business goals are met, opportunities for improvements are identified and strategies are adjusted.
• Directly manage the team responsible for the Academic division’s main social networking sites and their content, including the highly trafficked OUP blog.
• Take responsibility for the day to day work of the central Social Media team, ensuring accurate posting schedules, ownership of the editorial calendar and an engaging content mix ( by media type and topic).
• Select, plan and implement specific, timely social media campaigns delivered in conjunction with wider marketing teams for core products/campaigns.
• Manage the central Social Media team providing mentoring, guidance and assistance with personal development.
• Partner with central marketing teams to maximize the contribution Academic social media provides to the bottom line.
Job Ad Requirements
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent with extensive social media and digital marketing experience
• Proven track record of creating and implementing successful content strategies and campaigns for a high-profile organisation or brand
• Proficient in all mainstream social media channels, SEO, web and social analytics, social media software and tools
• Outstanding editorial judgement, writing and language skills
• Experience in identifying potential negative or crisis situations and using empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
• Experience managing marketing campaigns, including schedules and stakeholder engagement
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Superb time management and the ability to juggle a variety of tasks
• Excellent communication & presentation skills
Oxford University Press, Inc.
Website : http://global.oup.com
OUP opened a New York office (now OUP USA) in 1896, primarily as a distribution branch, but by the 1920s began publishing books of its own. Its very first publication, The Life of Sir William Osler, won the Pulitzer Prize in 1926. Since that time, we have been privileged to publish a multitude of award-winning books, including 14 more Pulitzer Prize winners.