Goodwill Industries of Central Texas
Do you want your career to have a purpose? Here at Goodwill, Your work changes the lives of people with barriers to employment. You help people find a job.
In addition, Goodwill is a fun place to work that gives you opportunities to learn and grow through cross training and advancement opportunities. Come join our new Ecommerce team! (Part-Time position)
Demonstrates the ability to work independently and within a team environment. Processes and sorts valuable collectible items and books. Performs various tasks to prepare items to be sold online and shipped to customers across the country. Utilizes innovation and expertise to assist with special projects, including training and mentoring of new associates.
1. Maintain Kaizen standards assuring optimal efficiencies.
2. Accurately represent items in photographs: views item and plans presentation, camera position, camera angle, lighting, and key shots to produce desired effect.
3. Fully and accurately write all product descriptions and attributes (including damages).
4. Operate equipment in the listing and shipping of product.
5. Assist with training and mentoring of associates.
6. Researches items, accurately portrays, weights, measures, uses disclaimers and assigns shipping and handling charges appropriately.
7. Accurately list books and media into inventory management software.
8. Ensure a high quality of product, processes and outcomes.
9. Follows safety procedures, uses PPE as needed and uses proper body mechanics when performing each task.
10. Other duties as assigned.
• Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
• Computer skills with a functional knowledge of word processing and how to use email and internet software.
• Experience working with machinery preferred, but not required.
• Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
• Work varied schedule and flexible hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Goodwill Industries of Central Texas
Website : https://www.goodwillcentraltexas.org
For almost six decades, Goodwill Central Texas has relentlessly focused on a single goal: empowering people to work. The extremely high levels of unemployment among segments of our community are unacceptable, specifically for those people who have disabilities, lack education, have criminal backgrounds, or are facing homelessness. We believe everyone matters, and that advancing business and valuing our earth leads to stronger communities where individuals and families thrive. More than 100,000 Central Texans are unable to find stable employment on their own. Our education and job training, retail stores and business services, and community partnerships enable us do whatever it takes to transform lives through the power of work. Our Culture Goodwill Central Texas is distinguished through its fully inclusive culture. We maintain a positive and open work environment. Culture starts with a value system, and supporting these values through action is the ultimate challenge. Goodwill embraces an important concept called ‘servant leadership.’ Through this approach, the leaders of our organization are actually at the bottom of an inverted organizational chart. It is their primary duty to serve, coach and enable employees to succeed. Although leaders may set the standards, it is up to them to continue to nurture them. We are often mentally, if not physically, somewhere else as we move to the next crisis. “Being” is a challenge most of us do not meet when interacting with one another. To quote author James A. Autry, “there are five ways of being” that must be fulfilled if one is to embrace this approach—they are not easy.